Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Trying to find a balance

I've come to realize that we can not change our past, we can not predict the future, we can only learn from our past and hope that our future takes the path you want it to. We're given the hands we were dealt with and it's up to us to decide how we want to play them. We have the choice to change what we have become and to change the path our future takes. The only person you can truly depend on is yourself.

I've been very blessed with amazing friend, family, nieces, and nephews. Each day I realize a little bit more about the hand that I was dealt and what path I want my future to take. I'm trying not to take things so personally, I'm trying not to care so much about what I can not control. I know that I have a big heart and most of the time I wear it on my sleeve. Sometimes, I get hurt in the end. In all that I've done, I can honestly say that it was meant well.

Sometimes in reaching out to those you love isn't easy and sometimes they don't want your help. I know this and I know that every support that person has makes them one step closer to being okay. I can not save the world, but I can try one person at a time, starting with the ones I love. I guess I have to find my balance.


No comments:

Post a Comment