Sunday, March 25, 2012

Don't let me be misunderstood

This song came up on my play list the other day and every time I hear it I always think I need to post this somewhere. I think that the message is really important. Some people who are incarcerated are for drug offenses and maybe if our system had a program for these offenders and offered them help when the were released, our world would be a little different. Most offenders don't have support on the outside and turn to the life of crime that led them to the system in the first place. Why wouldn't they? They'll have three meals, a roof over their heads, a bed. And guess who pays for it, we do, yet we let rapist, sex offenders, and murders wonder our streets and live a few feet away from schools. We also let serious offenders be released on bail and sit on trial for two, three years before they are even sentenced. Meanwhile, they are still on the streets committing crimes and living their lives like nothing ever happened.

"I was watching TV the other day right and there is this white guy up there talking about black guys, talking about how young black guys are targeted. Targeted by who? America. You see one in every 100 Americans are locked up, one in every nine black Americans are locked up, and you see what the white guy was trying to stress was that, the money we spend on sending another mother fucker to jail, would be less to send his or her young ass to college. See, and another thing the white guy was stressing was that our jails are populated with drug dealers, you know crack cocaine stuff like that. Meaning due to the laws we have on crack cocaine and regular cocaine, police are only, I don't want to say only right, but shit, only logic by riding around in the hood all day and not the suburbs. Because crack cocaine is mostly found in the hood. And you know the other thing that is mostly found in you know where I'm going but why bring a mother fucker to jail if it's not going stand up in court because this drug ain't that drug, you know level 3, level 4 drug, shit like that, I guess it's all a misunderstanding.

I sit back and think, you know us young mother fuckers, you know that 1 in 9, we're probably only selling the crack cocaine because we are in the hood, and it's not like in the suburbs, we don't have what you have. Why? I really don't wanna know the answer, I guess we are just misunderstood.

You know we don't have room in the jail now for the real mother fuckers, the real criminals, sex offenders, rapists, serial killers. Don't get scared though. I know you've seen one them sex offenders papers, but don't trip he lives right on the end of your block. Mhm yeah, that guy lives right down the street from you, sex offender on the level three drug, convicted ex-con, yeah check him out. Watch what you got, you got a daughter, son, what you got? You know what, I have a fucking daughter, you understand me and why the fuck would you bring my neighbor to jail just because the reason why he lives next door to me, isn't the same reason I live next door to him. Meaning he didn't rap his way to my neighborhood, he sold crack cocaine to get to my neighborhood. You move him out bring him to jail for life and then you move in with a sex offender? Hey you gave me a paper though right? Is that a misunderstanding because I didn't understand it.

Another thing, let me take my glasses off because I wanna see the reaction on there faces when I say this, this is why I don't respect you and nobody like you, see your the type that gets off on getting on other people. That's not good, rather un-human, I should say, I mean giving the fact that humanity were a good humanity, rather to me is helping one another no matter your color or race but this guy and people like him, they'd rather speculate before they informate, if that's even a word, you know spec before you check. Anyways meaning I'd much rather you talk to me first and see if you can lend an opinion before you link one, just my thought of good humanity. Mr. Sharpton, hold on I'm not finished with you man, Mr. Sharpton and anyone like you, you don't know me, so if your not going to try to then what you say or think about me are, whatever, it's totally Casper the friendly ghost to me and it doesn't make you a good person to criticize before you improvise. Doesn't necessarily make you a bad person either but the characteristics for heavenly into bads way,but since I am human I am good and bad, as well but I try my hardest to stay good. These other things I do and say may be bad or just not to good, but I do try, so with that said I don't vote you, I mean your only human, good or bad but I also don't respect you and I don't care if that's good or bad. You see your are no MLK, you are no Jesse Jackson, you are nobody, to me, your just another Don King with a perm, just a little more political and that just means you're a little un-human then use humans, and now let me be human."



No comments:

Post a Comment