Saturday, March 31, 2012

Always Wonder....

Do you ever wonder why people come into your life? Why a person is born, what your life would be like if you never met this person? I wonder all the time, why I've met the people I have and why they were placed into my life. There are things we do in life that we have to, things we do because we want to and there are things we do because we were born to do them. This statement couldn't be more true. I look at just recently the events that have happened in my life and sometimes I wonder why did this have to happen to me and my family? Why was this put on my shoulders to worry about, to think about, to always be making sure everything is ok? Then I sit back and I have to think, maybe there was a reason why. Maybe it's because I was born to help these people, maybe I was born to need these people, because without them, my life wouldn't be complete, even if the situation is not ideal.

You know, really I'm a lot of talk. I'll be the first to admit this. I always say, it's the last time I'm going to help someone, it's going to be the last time I let my heart become attached to someone, it's the last time I'm going to trust someone, and I act like I'm the tough guy, but the truth is I'm not. I do wear my heart on my sleeve, and if a person asked for my help, I'd be the first one to help him. Despite everything that is said and done, at the end of the day, it still hurts me to see someone in pain. I'd probably give the shirt off my back, if it meant that I knew they would be okay and be safe and not harmful to themselves any longer. Even though I've heard a million and one times that I shouldn't and I should let it go. Not only have I been told this, but I've been through it, I've been kicked when I was down, my heart has been stepped on when I lent it out, I've cried tears because of my kindness.

There's a saying that you can't choose your blood but you can choose your family, well I've chosen mine and despite what anyone says, I can't give up trying. Not now, and maybe not ever, maybe not until the day I die, or the person dies. I often want to take away their illness and bring the pain upon my self and I know that can't be done but it literally hurts my every being to see someone choose a bad path in life. Because I know that they don't "choose" to be the way they are, it's a simple fact they don't know how to cope with the reality of the way their brain works, how to mend what's been broken. Maybe somethings in life can't be fixed, but the things that can be mended are what makes starting over all worth it.

I hope that what has happened recently will eventually lead me to a reason and I will figure out why it all happened the way it did, but until then I have to hold onto some hope. Even if it is just one thing I see on face book, letting me know they are okay, or one picture that is actually responded to. I have to believe that there is still some good in the evil that has take over. I have to believe that there is a reason that another baby was taken from me, that maybe the little bit of time she did spend here with me was something that I needed for something in the future. I have to believe that everything that I said and did because I was angry will be forgiven and it will always remind me to taste my words before I speak them.

No comments:

Post a Comment