Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Saying Goodbye...



From day one, it has always been my brother and I against the world. If anyone hurt me, he'd be right by my side, if anyone or anything hurt him, I was right by his side. He and I have been through a lot together and it seems very unlikely that our relationship will change, despite the many miles that will come between us here soon. I've helped my brother through his troubles and have learned from his mistakes, and in a way I think it's part of what made me who I am today. I remember being 4 or 5 and always having to write down in school who was your hero and without hesitation I always wrote my brothers name. As we grew up and I become a mom and a wife, my perspectives have changed and I have more than one hero now, but my brother will always remain my first hero. He could always pick on me and call me names, but he would be damned if someone else called me any name. And as he went through his "troubles" I was always the first one by his side, sticking up for him and even though at sometimes, what he was doing wasn't "right", I always took his side. He truly has been the best brother anyone could ask for and I am very lucky to have him in my life. I am also very proud of everything that he has overcome in the last year. He has rebuilt his life and is now able to be proud of what he does and who he is. I only hope that it stays that way and he doesn't fall into another cycle.

As I was driving to get Jaidyn yesterday, it suddenly hit me that in just about two weeks, I would have to say bye to my brother, the rest of my family and my amazing friends. I know it's not bye forever, it's a see you later, but this is something that I have never had to deal with before. Anytime my brother went somewhere, I was right behind him. I know what I am doing is best for my family and I know the reason why I have to do what I have to do and I am happy about our decision, it's just going to be some hard adjusting on my part.

The last few weeks, it's suddenly hit me that this is actually going to happen, my job has been replaced at work, Shane's last week of work is next week, we've paid for the rental truck, my mom has taken the time off work to drive with me the whole 22 hours it takes to get there. And I honestly don't know how I'm going to say goodbye to anyone. For the last 27 years I've lived in one place and over the years, I've gained and lost some friends, but the friends and family I have now, I couldn't ask for better. I really loved my job and I don't know if I will find anything that equals it. I don't mean to sound so sad, because I know I will have a loving family where we are going and I know that I will make new friends, but the one's I've made here have changed my life forever.

I wish I could write a letter to each and everyone that has been and is a part of my life, but honestly I don't think emotionally I can take that. If I don't seem upset about leaving, please don't let that fool you, inside I'm a mess. I've made a lot of sacrifices for the ones I love, especially my brother and my brother in-law, and I think now is the time that I need to worry about my little family and do what we think is best for us. I don't know what our life will be like in Illinois, but I do know that we have family support there and here (hopefully) and I will always have my husband and my beautiful son. As long as my son is happy, then I have no other choice but to be happy, because at the end of the day, that's what matters.

So, I guess this blog is a letter to everyone that has touched my life and I have been blessed to know and become close to. I don't want anyone to think that because we are moving that I love anyone less or that I will suddenly stop talking to everyone. I have no intention of leaving and never looking back. I know sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to update everyone on a weekly basis but I will try my hardest to keep in touch as often I can.

I don't know how I will be able to say goodbye to my babies in my life. For them, I want each and everyone of them to know how much I truly love them and would give my life for each and everyone. I want them to know that I will always be there for them, even though I may be 1200 miles away, I am never a phone call away. I will always be here to answer your questions that you may not want to ask your parents, I will always be here to give you hair advice, to give you make-up advice, to support you in any decisions that you make. Before I leave, I will write a letter to each of you for you to read when you get older and know I truly love you more than you will ever understand.

This has been one the hardest decisions I have had to make and I'm not sure I can say goodbye. I've come across to quotes that I want to share because they mean so much to me right now and I need to keep them close to I will never forget. As our new life begins in Illinois, I will try and keep my blog updated with the things Jaidyn is doing and learning and keep everyone up to date, so for my family and friends that don't look at this frequently, please do so in the future. I love everyone more than anyone can ever know.

"Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason."

"Never say goodbye. Because goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting." - Peter Pan

No comments:

Post a Comment