Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Let's end it on this

My heart is heavy, my mind is tired.
It's a heavy burden that has been placed upon me,
yet, I still let it take control and can't let things be.
When I see your face or hear your voice,
It takes all of my being not to cry because of your choice.
I don't think you realize how important you are to me,
I don't think you realize how things could be.
Instead of letting us help you, you choose to use your vice,
and nothing we do or say will change your way.

You don't know how long it's been since my mind hasn't wondered,
Is he okay, is dead?
I've been plagued by this vice since the day I was born.
No one can change who I am, It's who I've become because of this choice.
Even when I sit in the corner and no one hears my voice.
I don't understand how one could choose this path,
I wish I could get it through to you and let you do the math.
Instead it's just one more sip from the bottle, one more hit from the pipe, one more prick from a needle, just one more night...

You see in the past and I had a dream, a fantasy,
I thought that it would last,
Then one, two, three, four, the months were flying by
They soared, and it's my gut feeling
It's not happening, so...

Let's end it on this
Give me one last goodbye


You see it's hard to face, the addict that's inside of me
I want to fill my glass up, with you constantly,


make sure you're okay, make sure you're who I know you can be, 
I've been here before, but I've never ever felt this sure.
And now I know I've been dreaming,
And your actions, have insulted me.

I open up, you ignore me, you've changed and you're not the same at all,
And if I could turn back the pages of time I'd rewrite your point of view,
Washed up to the shore, given one last chance
To try some more, but I'm tired, I'm freezing
Let's stop and call it history



No comments:

Post a Comment